June 24, 2007

Kim's Mediterranean Cruise Part 2

Italy


Florence
Florence is considered by some to be the birthplace of the Italian Renaissance. It is a city famous for its magnificent art and architecture. It was the center of medievel Europeon trade and finance. I really enjoyed our day in Florence. It is an easy city to just roam the streets and explore.



























Rome
Rome is the capital city of Italy and its most populated. What more can be said about Rome? It is one of those places that everyone should have a chance to visit. We only spent one day there. I wish I would have had a week. I did not see everything I'd like to see. I hope to be back soon to vew more.

As far as enjoying this day, it was not the most enjoyable of the trip. It was hot; there are many, many tourists everywhere; our guide did not speak english very well and we didn't carry enough water with us. Despite this, I look forward to going back at a cooler time of year.

Since we had limited time the places we visited were the Vatican City, the Trevi Fountain, the Roman Forum, the Coliseum and points inbetween.

Sorrento area

Sicily

No comments: