May 25, 2014

TWIN HARBORS State Park

It was getting late in the day when I realized this is still Memorial Day weekend!  So, better find a nice place to camp before all the room is taken.  I stopped at this place and a quick drive through, it looked packed, folks were either camped or setting up everywhere!

The office was across the highway.  A quick run over there confirmed that lucky me would have a nice space for the evening, on the "beach row" where there is a short path right behind my parking space that leads straight to this beautiful beach!


So, I explore this area a bit more the next morning and wow, what a beautiful beach area!
and interesting things discovered along it!

 
Walking down the beach a mile or so, I discover these huge red bluffs with big conifers growing right here on the edge of the ocean!  Nature is marvelous indeed.




No comments: